Friday, March 12, 2010

piano!

We have a new old (1904) piano! We have wanted an old upright for a long time so when my sweet friend Mandy was getting rid of one from her grandmother's house in downtown McKinney we snatched it up! The neat thing about it is her grandmother said the piano was originally in a house in ... Anna! So after a century, it has come home! We are so pleased to have it!


It took some serious manpower to get it in the house.
THANK YOU, BOYS!!!


Whew!




Now it is home, sweet home in the dining room.

These are two old hymnbooks from my collection I found at a garage sale a few years ago.
I LOVE HYMNS!
I am making Justin play a hymn for me every day. :)
He is the only one in the house that can play.
We will start Jack in lessons in a year or so. I want lessons too!





2 comments:

  1. it fits perfectly in your house... i was wondering when i started reading, if you played...
    btw, i am dying to see pics of the work being done on mandy's grandmother's house... you'll have to keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Emily, it is just like I pictured! darling! I love it and really need to see it in person and PLAY it. :)

    So glad it found a good home with the Martins!

    ReplyDelete