Tuesday, April 27, 2010

BASEBALL! ...and Letting Go


Our little boy is playing baseball! I remember when he was just a baby, Justin & I talking about how fun it would be when this day would come. Well, here we are! Jack comes from a long line of baseball players & baseball lovers. I just wish his Great-Grandpa Knowles (my grandpa) and his Grandma Martin (Justin's mom) could be here to see him play. They were both big baseball fans and I know they would have loved to see little Jack on the field...



Heading off to the ballfield for his first game. Number 9 was my grandpa's number when he played ball! :)



Playing his favorite position...Pitcher. Even though it is Coach-Pitch. :)

After the game with his best bud, sidekick, and teammate Jake.


I can't believe how tense it can be watching these little guys play! You just want them to do well so badly but, bless their little hearts, they don't know what's going on half the time! :)
The parents holler out from the stands trying to help, but really these little guys are on their own. That first game really struck me as one of those "letting go" experiences of parenthood. You practice & practice, but when it is game time you step back and they are left to do their best on their own. My "Mother's Heart" has a hard time letting go, but this is just part of the journey of parenthood. I know this pales in comparison to the greatest task of parenting and that is "Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 I hope I'm ready for this journey of gradually letting go of my little guy! (sniff, sniff)

2 comments:

  1. oh, how much he has grown. he and jake look so grown up... i can't believe it... next, you'll be posting about his first day of kindergarten... sniff, sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't make me ccccrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

    sister. that first picture of him by the white flowers is darling! a keeper forever.

    love seeing him in action. yep, one of those moments you dream about when they're tiny! the clarkster canNOT grow up on me!!!!!! :(

    miss you, friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete